This was our last weekend at the mill. The season has officially started with the first renters coming next week. For our friends Lynda, Lukas, and little Olivier I prepared this easy cheese quiche for lunch…
It goes like this:
- Unpack a ready-made shortcrust pastry you can buy in every hypermarché. In French: pâte brisée.
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Use a 23 cm flan tin and put in the dough and the non-stick paper that comes with the package.
- Mix some crème fraîche and three eggs and season really well with salt and pepper. Slice over the Maroilles cheese. You need more or less half a block.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
- Quiche Lorraine – Cheese and Bacon Custard Tart (frenchtwistedwoman.com)
- Sage, Green Apple, and Aged Cheddar Tart Recipe (thedailymeal.com)
- Quest for Quiche (thepatternedplate.wordpress.com)
- Cheese and onion tart (shewolffe.com)